Tag-Questions. Listen to the teacher, and circle the appropriate context.
1. You arenít going out with that weird slob from the Linguistics department, are you
2. You do know how to use that tool, donít you
3. You donít really want your parents to see you here, do you
4. You can hold your breath longer than Cťline Dion, canít you
5.† †††††††† You left the oxygen valve open, didnít you
Sheer panic /†††††††† Reminder
Some tag-questions in the dentistís office.
S/Q†† We gave you a toothbrush with stiff bristles last visit, didnít we
○ What do you mean, you havenít brushed your teeth for six months?!
○ It looks like youíve worn the enamel right off. Weíll have to give you an extra soft brush this time.
S/Q†† You donít have fluoridated water in your town, do you
○ Considering your overall personal hygiene, your teeth are remarkably intact.
○ The last time I saw a mouth like yours, I was doing volunteer work in the Amazonian jungle!
S/Q†† You havenít seen a hypnotist yet about your bruxism, have you
○ It looks like you are still grinding your teeth a lot.
○ It seems as though you havenít been grinding your teeth as much as before.
S/Q†† You remember what this machine is for, donít you
○ Did we use a local or a complete anaesthetic last time for this?
○ You obviously have less than fond memories of your last experience with it..
S/Q†† You want me to finish this by five, donít you
○ We should have you out of here in time for your friendís funeral, no problem.
○ If you donít stop squirming and biting the drill and kicking the hygienist, weíll never get you out of here on time for your friendís funeral!